Who we are?
The Geneva Finance Research Institute (GFRI) is a multidisciplinary institute based at the University of Geneva that focuses on two main research topics in finance: “Portfolio Management” and “Finance and Society”.
Its research themes thus emphasize on the one hand, the role that Geneva, as a financial center, plays in Portfolio Management and on the other, the benefits and externalities that finance displays for society at large. The GFRI research is multidisciplinary and builds on synergies between the University of Geneva Faculties of Economy and Management, Law and Psychology and Educational Sciences. These collaborations have enabled GFRI to recently expand in two new research areas: neuro-finance and sustainable finance.
The GFRI faculty is a very diversified international team of professors who are primarily dedicated to publishing cutting-edge research in top–finance journals, but they also engage in high level education in finance as well as in knowledge transfer activities such as conferences, seminars and public debates on a broad range of finance topics.
Latest financial news from GFRI - Geneva Finance Research Institute.
- Slides Presentation from Professor Peter Bossaerts’ research seminar held at the University of Geneva on the 19th of March 2018. How Neurobiology can informe Finance by […]
- We are very pleased to announce that Professor Olivier Scaillet was awarded with a grant from the Fondation Banque de France for his project : Backtesting […]
- Professor Martin Hoesli’s research ‘U.S. Metropolitan House Price Dynamics’ has been accepted for publication in The Journal of Urban Economics. The paper is co-authored with E. […]
- Dr. Michel Girardin, Italie: après les belles paroles … de vilains actes?
- “Independent Study published to inform the dabate on a Pan-European Personal Pension Product”, an article on EFAMA.org, mentioning Prof. Fabio Trojani’s research.