Who we are?
The Geneva Finance Research Institute (GFRI) is a multidisciplinary institute based at the University of Geneva that focuses on two main research topics in finance: “Portfolio Management” and “Finance and Society”.
Its research themes thus emphasize on the one hand, the role that Geneva, as a financial center, plays in Portfolio Management and on the other, the benefits and externalities that finance displays for society at large. The GFRI research is multidisciplinary and builds on synergies between the University of Geneva Faculties of Economy and Management, Law and Psychology and Educational Sciences. These collaborations have enabled GFRI to recently expand in two new research areas: neuro-finance and sustainable finance.
The GFRI faculty is a very diversified international team of professors who are primarily dedicated to publishing cutting-edge research in top–finance journals, but they also engage in high level education in finance as well as in knowledge transfer activities such as conferences, seminars and public debates on a broad range of finance topics.
Latest financial news from GFRI - Geneva Finance Research Institute.
- Les ETF, ennemi numéro un sur les marchés Le succès des investissements dits passifs est tel que de plus en plus d’experts s’inquiètent des dommages collatéraux […]
- BAFU Magazine «environnement» 2:2017 – Le levier de l’argent Interview Gibson, Müller, Schwager
- Professor Olivier Scaillet has accepted to be an Associate Editor of the Journal of Econometrics ANNU2016
- We are delighted to annouce that Professor Tony Berrada’s research paper “Asset pricing with beliefs-dependent risk aversion and learning” with Professor Jérôme Detemple and Professor Marcel […]
- Professor Harald Hau: What Does a Bank’s Payroll Reveal About its Risk-Taking? International Banker, April 10, 2017 link to the Word document link to the online […]