Who we are?
The Geneva Finance Research Institute (GFRI) is a multidisciplinary institute based at the University of Geneva that focuses on two main research topics in finance: “Portfolio Management” and “Finance and Society”.
Its research themes thus emphasize on the one hand, the role that Geneva, as a financial center, plays in Portfolio Management and on the other, the benefits and externalities that finance displays for society at large. The GFRI research is multidisciplinary and builds on synergies between the University of Geneva Faculties of Economy and Management, Law and Psychology and Educational Sciences. These collaborations have enabled GFRI to recently expand in two new research areas: neuro-finance and sustainable finance.
The GFRI faculty is a very diversified international team of professors who are primarily dedicated to publishing cutting-edge research in top–finance journals, but they also engage in high level education in finance as well as in knowledge transfer activities such as conferences, seminars and public debates on a broad range of finance topics.
Latest financial news from GFRI - Geneva Finance Research Institute.
- Prof. Martin Hoesli’s research paper “Big Data, Accessibility, and Urban House Prices” has been accepted for publication in Urban Studies. The paper is co-authored with Steven […]
- We are delighted to announce that Prof. Martin Hoesli and his former RA, Mr. Jean-Christophe Delfim, have been awarded the prestigious Nick Tyrrell Prize for 2020. The […]
- “La relance budgétaire, c’est maintenant!” avec Dr. Michel Girardin sur allnews.ch
Press article with Prof. Ugazio in thephilanthropist.ch «Our Society would be worse off without philantropy»Press article with Prof. Giuseppe Ugazio in thephilanthropist.ch “Our Society would be worse off without philantropy”
- Prof. Olivier Scaillet has been elected Fellow 2020 of the International Association for Applied Econometric. The aim of the International Association for Applied Econometrics (IAAE) is to […]
- Prof. Martin Hoesli’s article “An Analysis of Papers Published in the Journal of European Real Estate Research, 2008-2019” has been accepted in the Journal of European […]