Who we are?
The Geneva Finance Research Institute (GFRI) is a multidisciplinary institute based at the University of Geneva that focuses on two main research topics in finance: “Portfolio Management” and “Finance and Society”.
Its research themes thus emphasize on the one hand, the role that Geneva, as a financial center, plays in Portfolio Management and on the other, the benefits and externalities that finance displays for society at large. The GFRI research is multidisciplinary and builds on synergies between the University of Geneva Faculties of Economy and Management, Law and Psychology and Educational Sciences. These collaborations have enabled GFRI to recently expand in two new research areas: neuro-finance and sustainable finance.
The GFRI faculty is a very diversified international team of professors who are primarily dedicated to publishing cutting-edge research in top–finance journals, but they also engage in high level education in finance as well as in knowledge transfer activities such as conferences, seminars and public debates on a broad range of finance topics.
Latest financial news from GFRI - Geneva Finance Research Institute.
- “La Libra: révolution monétaire ou évolution digitale?” Dr. Michel Girardin dans Allnews
- We are delighted to announce that Prof. Olivier Scaillet was awarded with the prestigious Francqui International Chair.
- Prof. Hau in Financial Times on OTC markets and their discriminatory pricing
- Prof. Michaely’s research paper “Are US industries becoming more concentrated?” (forthcoming Review of Finance) is mentioned in the Wall Street Journal article “Tech Giants Google, Facebook […]
- We are delighted to announce that Prof. Scaillet’s research paper « A DIAGNOSTIC CRITERION FOR APPROXIMATE FACTOR STRUCTURE » with Patrick Gagliardini and Elisa Ossola had […]
- A few photos taken during the GFRI 10’th Anniversary Celebration held on the 28th of May 2019